Zukunftsbau – a social enterprise
Zukunftsbau is a youth work facilitator and accredited apprenticing company established in 1986 committed to the holistic and vocational training of disadvantaged young people and the long-term unemployed with the aim of integration into the job market.
Zukunftsbau offers counselling services, vocational training in the ‘dual system’, vocational guidance and modular qualification programmes with integrated social welfare support. All Zukunftsbau services lay the foundations for holistic and life-long learning to enable participants not just to achieve vocational qualifications but also to become responsible members of society.
Zukunftsbau stands for:
• peaceful cooperation, acceptance, tolerance, responsibility and solidarity towards the community.
• equal opportunities and equality of the sexes.
• interaction with participants founded on respect, attention and consideration towards others, sensitivity and empathy.
• a cooperative relationship between colleagues, with the hallmarks of professionalism and mutual esteem.
• active participation in building a social infrastructure in Berlin’s ‘problem’ districts through practical vocational training and qualifications in the regional job market.
• the implementation of European ideas through work placements abroad, through the development of exemplary European pilot projects in vocational training and through professional cooperation within the transeuropean partner network EBSA (European Building and Services Association).
Zukunftsbau promotes the complete and sustainable social integration of vocationally and socially excluded target groups as well as not-for-profit, regionally focused and community orientated work in cooperation with other social enterprises.
Zukunftbau’s target groups are primarily
• Socially excluded and disadvantaged young people and young adults with an high need for support.
• Recipients of unemployment benefits with limited experience in the job market.
Zukunftsbau works on behalf of the youth welfare office, the social welfare office, the Jobcentre and the European Commission.
Training and qualification programmes are implemented in cooperation with regional educational institutions, counselling centres, not-for-profit organisations, local and regional authorities and small and middle-sized companies, above all in the service, manual trade and IT sectors.
The aim of all vocational training and qualification programmes is to enable participants individually to shape their lives by facilitating lasting participation in society and sustainable integration into the workplace.
This is achieved through
• Competency testing (an analysis of individual strengths and weaknesses)
• Vocational guidance, training and qualifications suited to individual requirements, qualifications and support needs
• Promotion of holistic personal development through programmes tailored to individual needs and through learning life-skills as well as supporting the move from being helped to self-help.
Through political activity within community and federal bodies and through professional bodies at regional and federal level, Zukunftsbau pursues its goal of convincing (political) decision makers of the importance of personal development and of vocational qualifications for the job market.
Zukunftsbau’s expertise lies in
• company-based vocational training of disadvantaged target groups
• social work, coaching, counselling and work placements
• renovation and refurbishment of old buildings and the construction of new buildings
• the organisation and implementation of vocational training and qualification programmes, financed by regional, federal and EU programmes
• project control and financial resource management
• the creation of regional and European networks
• the organisation of national and international symposia and conferences
• counselling for young people in youth counselling centres with holistic approaches
• careers guidance and initial vocational training
• mentoring of chronic truants and those who leave education with no qualifications
• assistance in placement and integration into the labour market
• work placements with partner organizations across Europe